Monday, June 18, 2012

Taco Lentils



Lentils are one of my favorite legumes. I'm always looking for creative recipes to eat them cause lentil soup as well as lentil & salmon are not cutting it anymore. While catching up on my blogs I came across a new blog (at least for me) call Sprouted Kitchen. The site its full of beautiful images as well as great recipes but this particular recipe caught my eye "Shitake mushrooms & Asian lentil tacos", being Mexican I'm a true believer that everything taste better in a tortilla. Here's the recipe:


SHITAKE MUSHROOM + LENTIL ASIAN TACOS 
Serves 2 (about 6 tacos)


miso herb sauce
3 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. white or yellow miso
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
pinch of red pepper flakes
3 Tbsp. orange juice
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 packed cups basil leaves
1 packed cup cilantro
3 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil

mushrooms & lentils
1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil, divided
half of a yellow onion, diced
6 oz. shitake mushrooms (halve any large ones)
3/4 cup cooked lentils (I used de puy)
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
sea salt + pepper

garnish
small tortillas
1-2 super ripe avocados
3/4 cup fresh grated carrots
micro greens, for garnish


images & recipe via: sprouted kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...