Olivia De Berardinis Art
In honor of Comic-Con and the Queen of Cheesecake, Olivia De Berardinis book signing of her latest book "Malibu Cheesecake" at the event. I found a really easy recipe of Americas favorite dessert: Cheesecake!! Here is the recipe.
- 50g butter , plus extra for greasing
- 150g digestive biscuits , crushed
- 50g walnuts , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 300g pot full-fat soft cheese
- 150g pot mild, creamy goat's cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g pot mascarpone
- 4 eggs , lightly beaten
Look for her at Comic-Con and don't forget to check out this interview about her latest book with the lovely Dita Von Teese in the cover.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter 8 x 150ml ramekins. Melt the butter in a pan, then mix in the digestives, walnuts and sugar. Divide the mixture equally between the ramekins, so the base of each is covered with a layer about 1cm thick. Press down lightly on each, then cook in the oven for 10 mins until crisp and golden. Leave to cool, then turn oven down to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients until you have a smooth mixture. Place the ramekins on a baking tray and pour some mixture into each one, filling to about 1cm below the rim. Carefully slide them into the oven and cook for 25-30 mins until just set. The mixture should give the faintest jiggle in the center when gently tapped. Don't worry if the mixture falls a little and cracks. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before covering with cling film and putting in the fridge. You can make to this point up to 2 days in advance.
- Make the sauce by gently heating together the sugar and 50ml/2fl oz water until syrupy, about 5 mins. Then stir in half the raspberries and cook for 2 mins until they begin to burst. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the pips, then toss through the remaining raspberries and leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecakes from the fridge. Run a knife dipped in hot water around the edges. Invert, one at a time, onto a board, then turn over again onto a serving plate so the biscuit base is on the bottom. Finish by drizzling with raspberry sauce and top with strawberries.
images via: eolivia and goofdfood