Forget Giada or Nigella!! With her retro looks and yummy recipes Gizzi Erskine will win your hearts. Gizzi is a food writer, chef and television presenter. She is best known for presenting British Channel 4’s Cook Yourself Thin and also co-wrote the bestselling book of the same title. Doesn't she remind you to Audrey Hepburn in "How to steal a Milllion"... so lovely! Here's the recipe of her delicious black bean hummus.
For the hummus:
- 1 x 400g can black beans, rinsed
- 40g tahini
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
For the toast: (per slice):
- 1 (80g) slice of sour dough bread
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ an avocado, thinly sliced
- A squeeze of lemon
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- 7 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp toasted mixed seeds
- A few sprigs of coriander and purple shiso (optional)
Pop all the hummus ingredients into a food processor and whizz until smooth.
Grill the bread until slightly charred on each side and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil. Spread 1 tbsp hummus on each toast and top with the avocado and tomatoes.