Monday, November 23, 2009
SD Wine & Food Fest 2009
So the festival was awesome...like I said "Good wine, great food and fab chefs". More than we expected and definitely doing this every year. It was hard to choose but here are my five favorites and yes people after three years of not eating meet I broke the rules just for one day.
1. Pork with pickled jalapeño and root veggie salad, Kitchen 1540.
2. Pannacota Mojito, Rice Restaurant.
3. Cheesecake with passion fruit caramel, The Wesgate Hotel.
4. Spicy Beef and bleu cheese in buttery lettuce wrap, Indigo Grill.
5. Wild ahi tuna, McCormick & Schmick's.
And my favorite wine was the Pinot Grigio from Redwood Creek Wines but the prosecco was a close second. Also the feature artist was Robert Holton he portrays classic icons and landmarks with a splash of color.