Here is one of favorite recipes of a traditional bread with a kick...Mexican style!
Jalapeño Corn Bread
Ingredients (Original recipe makes 8 servings Change Servings)
- 1 (8.25 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 3 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Move an oven rack to the center position in oven.
- Mix cream-style corn, cornmeal, buttermilk, corn oil, Cheddar cheese, eggs, jalapeno peppers, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Put butter into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Melt butter in preheated oven, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour corn bread batter into the baking dish over melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 35 minutes
recipe via: allrecipes