When I'm feeling lazy or it's just to hot to cook I always go with my mom's "simple tomato carpaccio" its so easy and simple and the flavors truly shine. Here's the recipe:
Mom's Tomato Carpaccio
- 1 beefy/large heirloom tomato
- pinch of crushed dried oregano
- a drizzle of lemon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced your heirloom tomato with a tomato knife or serrated knife.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes in concentric circles, slightly overlapping the slices.
- Sprinkle with crushed dried oregano.
- Drizzled with lemon extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.