Last Friday we created a brand NEW soup called "Mexican Minestrone" at Cafe Ole and thanks to our customers it was a hit. I noticed that many of you requested the recipe, so we decided to do a post about it so you can also enjoy the soup. Here is the recipe:
Mexican Minestrone Soup
prep time: 15 Minute(s)
cook time: 20 Minute(s)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon olive oil
- 1/2 package of soyrizo
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 1 package small orzo pasta
- 2 cups of diced red potatoes
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dried Oregano to garnish
- In 4-quart saucepot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook soyrizo once cooked add the red pepper, onion and jalapeno pepper, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and coriander and cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds.
- Stir in veggie stock and orzo pasta.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Garnish, if desired, with chopped dried oregano, scallions and cilantro.