Love this brownies from Smitten Kitchen. The are so lovely and easy to prepare. Here is the recipe.
This recipe makes 16 2-inch square white or dark chocolate brownies. To make a pan of each and reverse the middles, you’ll need double the ingredients listed below. You will end up with 32 reversed-center brownies.
- 3 ounces (85 grams) semisweet or good white chocolate*, coarsely chopped
- 1 stick (4 ounces or 113 grams) unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing pan
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (6 1/8 ounces or 175 grams) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt or 1/2 teaspoon flaky salt (about 2 grams)
- 2/3 cup (83 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1-inch heart or other shaped cookie cutter
Melt white or dark chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over a simmering pot of water (or in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring between each) until it is 90% melted; remove from heat and stir the mixture until it is smooth. (I do this too keep things from getting too hot.) Whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Add flour and salt together, stirring until just combined. Spread into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (for the dark chocolate version) and 30 to 35 minutes (for the white chocolate version).
Repeat this recipe with the other kind of chocolate and a second 8×8-inch square pan. If you don’t have two matching square pans (understandably) simply wait until you can remove your brownies from the pan as directed in the next step, and start again.
images & recipe via: smitten kitchen