Monday, September 27, 2010

Food Quotes


"A gourmet is just a glutton with brains"
Phillip H. Haberman Jr.

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart, who looks at her watch"
James Beard

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well"
Virginia Woolf


"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first"
Ernestine Ulmer

"I have a good collection of cookery books. This is not so much because I like cooking, but because I like eating"
Louise Brown

"A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz"
Humphrey Bogart

"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age"
Lucille Ball

"In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport"
Julia Child

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch"
Orson Welles

"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top"
Hunter S. Thompson

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food"
W. C. Fields

"My weaknesses have always been food and men - in that order"
Dolly Parton

"There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments"
Chris Rock

"The only think I like better than talking about Food is eating"
John Walters

"I swear I want to be a food model"
Amy Sedaris

"Never eat more than you can lift"
Miss Piggy

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate"
Julia Child

"Let them eat cake"
Marie Antoinette

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti"
Sophia Loren

image via: two crafty dames

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...